Kid’s Room Makeover : Shadow Boxes

127 Flares 127 Flares ×

I shared earlier that I recently did a big makeover for my kid’s shared bedroom.  First, I gave their closet a bit of lovin’ and then started working on making shadow boxes to hang on their wall.

Supplies:
.White Shadow Boxes (mine were from Target)
.Scrapbook Paper
.Various ribbons
.Chipboard Pennants (two)
.Items to put in shadow boxes (i used their newborn onesies and shoes)

I started with making personalized paper pennants for each of the kid’s shadow boxes.  I love the look of layered paper, so I found cute scrapbook paper and cut them out just slightly larger than the pennants.

I also gathered these adorable ribbons in blues, reds and pinks to use.  I had found them in the dollar section at Michaels!
The onesies were too big for the size of shadow boxes I had bought, so I cut them off and add a simple cream lace trim to edge them.

I used a faux wood pattern scrapbook paper for the back of the shadow box.  Then, I started layering all the different elements.

Kiddo #1

Kiddo #2
The final touch was adding each child’s initial and then decorating with a few ribbons and bakers twine.

Completed and in their place on the wall!
I’m ready to start putting together Shadow Boxes all over the house now.  What do you have in your shadow boxes?

Comments

1. says

aww how cute is this amy…i’ve been wanting to do something like this and now my kids are already 3 & 5 but still nothing is happening! uggh! might try to do it soon now that i’ve seen this..

hey thanks for sharing over at The DIY’ers! huggies♥
    rea

2. says

These are too cute!! I have the same knob board, that the shoes are hanging on (lack of a better name lol). I’m gonna pin this one to our board. Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!

Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

3. says

I love these Amy! I have clothes from when my kids were little stored in boxes in their closets. I really should have done something like this to capture that moment when they are little. They are adorable!

4. says

I lost my pup to cancer in October – so I used my shadow box to put his collar, name tags, two pictures of him and his favorite toy – it hangs in my office and each time I sit at my desk, I see his smiling face!

5. says

I love these! And I love the display of your ribbon from Michaels, did you buy them in that package or do that yourself! I have to look for those, thanks!

• says

Thanks for stopping by, Lynette! Part of the reason I fell in love with those ribbons was their adorable packaging, they came that way!

• says

Thanks so much, Polly. They were really easy to do and I love having their small newborn onesies displayed to always remember how tiny they were at birth!