INSIDE : Learn how to make a Monstera Leaf Shadowbox frame to hang on the wall in your home or help corral all your loose odds and ends. Add polka dots and color for a bit of extra fun.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
- Guess what I love? I love Monstera plants so much. Do you have one and need help on how to take care of them? Check out my Monstera Plant Care post here.
- Guess what else I love? Shadowboxes! I’ve made Handpainted Marble Shadowboxes, Office Supply Shadowboxes, Onesie Shadowbox and a Puzzle Shadowbox and…. so many more.
Plant Shadow box
Looking for actual Plant Shadowboxes? Check out these…
Since I naturally love both plants and wall decor, I decided to take a faux Monstera leaf and craft it into a sweet little shadowbox frame! It turned out beyond adorable.
What supplies do you need to make a Leaf Shadowbox?
How do I make a Monstera Leaf Shadow box frame?
Be sure to watch my video below to see the full tutorial for how to craft your shadowbox with a polka dot tropical leaf.
Looking to really keep those plants alive? You might be interested in my Keep Plants Alive checklist and my Houseplant Care eBook.
I just LOVED how this fun crafted shadowbox turned out.
I love keep wood natural whenever possible, so I painted the exterior of the box with a soft peachy pink color and the very top of the box with a pretty plum acrylic paint. I left the entire inside of the box it’s natural raw wood color.
Looking for other Fall Leaf Crafts? You might like some of these :
Shadow Box craft :
And how fun are these pictures… I just placed my plant shadowbox right on top of a whole Monstera Leaf and it almost matches up perfectly – ha.
I also thought using a silk fern leaf would be so elegant instead of the monstera leaf. Maybe painting the box in shades of green, too.
- Start by painting the exterior of your shadowbox in a gorgeous orchid acrylic paint color.
- While the paint is drying, add white polka dots to your silk monstera leaf. Measure out the inside of your shadowbox and cut your leaf to size.
- Using a hot glue gun, adhere the corner of your monstera leaf to the shadowbox. Slowly continue to glue the leaf down.
- Enjoy your new shadowbox!
And if you are loving this Monstera plant craft, you might like a few of these fun plant craft projects.