INSIDE : Learn how to create the most beautiful Paper Bag Stars to hang in your home this Holiday season. They add a festive Scandinavian look to your Christmas decor.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
There is something about simple holiday decor and it doesn’t get more simple than brown paper bag stars. They are elegant and classic and this craft is so easy to make… I will be making them every year from here on out!
What supplies do I need to make Paper Bag Stars?
How to make a star out of Paper Bags?
Place your first paper bag with the flap facing down and apply hot glue to your bag in a “T” pattern. See below image.
Place your next paper bag on top and repeat this pattern until you have seven bags glued together.
Using a pencil draw an arrow point at the opening of your bags and then draw on the embellishment cuts you want to make on the side/middle of your bag.
I did simple triangle cuts on the side, but you could make half circles or half hearts. Both are gorgeous when you open up your bags.
This is what it should look like with the top portion cut.
Here it is with the small triangle sides cut.
Once your cuts are made, open up the bags to create this beautiful star shape! You will need to hot glue the two ends together and then your star is complete.
Paper Stars from Lunch Bags
I used simple scotch tape to hang our stars above our fireplace. We also made paper chains and paper snowflakes for a magical Scandinavian Christmas look.
Brown Paper Bag Stars
I want to try a few more brown paper bag stars and try cutting out different shapes and patterns. The options are endless for what they could look like.
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags (7 per star)
- Hot Glue
- Pencil (optional)
- Place the first paper bag with the flap facing down and apply hot glue to the bag in a “T” pattern along the top seam and down the center.
- Place your next paper bag on top and repeat this pattern until you have seven (7) bags glued together.
- Using a pencil draw a point at the "opening" end of the bags and then draw any other embellishment cuts you want to make on the side and/or middle of your bag.
- Simple cuts you could make on the side of your bags are : triangle cuts, half circles or half hearts. All are lovely when you open up your bags.
- Once the cuts are made, open up the bags to create a beautiful star shape!
- Be sure to hot glue the two ends together and the star is complete.
Want to check out the Google Web Story version? You can do that here, DIY Paper Bag Holiday Stars.
Be sure to check out some of my other holiday decor posts!