INSIDE : Self care during the holidays can look like treating yourself or getting a little pampering, but it also can look like spending time doing fun and joyful activities with and for others. Check out my list of Holiday Self-care ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
A few years ago, I wrote a blog post about actively slowing down as the holiday season approaches. Typically we all get about 100x more busy with parties to attend and cookies to bake and advent calendar activities to accomplish with our children.
I have found entering into November if I can set a plan for the next few months… my sanity levels are so much better. And I can help to set a calm enjoyable tone for my family.
Another key part of slowing down for the holidays is taking care of yourself. I never do this quite as well as I should, but I think it’s important during one of the busiest time of the year, that we try our best to show some self care to ourselves.
Holiday Self Care:
The mail goal of holiday self care is less stress and more joy, so how can we do that?
For many around the country, winter typically is a cold and semi-gloomy season. Many people are stuck indoors because of the temperatures so it is critical to take some active steps in taking care of ourselves when the things around us many feel a little bit harder.
Here is a list I put together of numerous self care ideas during the holidays. Let me know if you have any additional to add and I’ll get them on the list!
Holiday Self Care Ideas:
- Use warm towels right out of the dryer.
- Burn a festive or relaxing candle. This Lavender + Eucalyptus candle is my FAVORITE EVER.
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
- Use your fireplace more or even turn on a fireplace youtube show.
- Buy yourself something warm and fuzzy.
- Get more sleep, take a nap once in a while.
- Get a bird feeder.
- Wear cozy slippers, like these.
- Do some deep breathing.
- Read a great book.
- Find a relaxing yoga class to take online.
- Order in, instead of eating out.
- Have a dance party to your favorite songs.
- Make hot cocoa and talk a walk outdoors.
- Drive around and check out holiday lights.
- Declutter a space in your home.
- Do a face mask. These Incredi-peels are my FAVE.
- Start journaling.
- Begin a watercolor painting class online.
- Buy a plant and tend to it weekly.
- Bake holiday cookies.
- Volunteer to help somehow in your community or church.
- Take a nice hot shower or bath.
- Enjoy a heated blanket while watching holiday movies.
Self care during the holidays can look like treating yourself or getting a little pampering, but it also can look like spending time doing fun and joyful activities with and for others.