INSIDE : Self care during the holidays can look like treating yourself or getting a little pampering, but it also can look like spending time doing fun and joyful activities with and for others. Check out my list of Holiday Self-care ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
A few years ago, I wrote a blog post about actively slowing down as the holiday season approaches. Typically we all get about 100x more busy with parties to attend and cookies to bake and advent calendar activities to accomplish with our children.
I have found entering into November if I can set a plan for the next few months… my sanity levels are so much better. And I can help to set a calm enjoyable tone for my family.
Another key part of slowing down for the holidays is taking care of yourself. I never do this quite as well as I should, but I think it’s important during one of the busiest time of the year, that we try our best to show some self care to ourselves.
Winter Self Care Ideas:
The main goal of holiday self care is less stress and more joy, so how can we do that?
For many around the country, winter typically is a fairly cold and semi-gloomy season. Many people are stuck indoors because of the temperatures so it is important to take some active steps in taking care of ourselves when the things around us many feel a little bit more challenging.
Here is a list I put together of numerous self care ideas during the holidays. These ideas include a bit of pampering self care, but also ways we can be generous with those around us. Often times thinking of others can lift our spirits in bigger ways than we imagine.
Let me know if you have any additional to add and I’ll get them on the list!
31 Holiday Self Care Ideas:
- Use warm towels right out of the dryer.
- Burn a festive or relaxing candle. This Lavender + Eucalyptus candle is still my FAVORITE EVER.
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
- Donate gently used or new items to a shelter for Christmas.
- Turn on your fireplace or even turn on a fireplace youtube show.
- Buy yourself something warm and fuzzy.
- Get more sleep, take a nap once in a while.
- Get a bird feeder.
- Send a quick holiday note to a friend.
- Spend the afternoon in a plant shop.
- Wear cozy slippers, like these.
- Do some deep breathing.
- Read a great book.
- Find a relaxing yoga class to take online.
- Leave a small holiday treat at a neighbor’s door.
- Order in, instead of eating out.
- Check out a matinee movie.
- Bring a meal to a new mom.
- Have a dance party to your favorite songs.
- Make a mug of delicious hot cocoa.
- Take a walk outdoors.
- Drive around and check out holiday lights.
- Declutter a space in your home.
- Do a face mask. These Incredi-peels are my FAVE.
- Start journaling.
- Begin a watercolor painting class online.
- Buy a plant and tend to it weekly.
- Bake holiday cookies.
- Volunteer to help in your community or church.
- Take a nice hot shower or bath.
- Enjoy a heated blanket while watching holiday movies.
Self care during the holidays can look like treating yourself or getting a little pampering, but it also can look like spending time doing fun and joyful activities with and for others.
Looking for other holiday related ideas?