INSIDE : Learn how to make easy DIY Large Scale Art for any room in your home! Added bonus painting your own large art piece is SO affordable.
There are times when you need large art for your home… like really large. But, art can very quickly become very expensive, especially when it’s decently sized. I did a mini series on How to Make Easy Art and I loved how much you all responded to it! So, I decided to give DIY Large Scaled Art a try this time around and do my best to document the process.
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
It never ceases to amaze me how paint can so drastically change a room. From the paint you put on a wall, to the art (paint) you add to a space.
What supplies do I need to make large scale artwork?
Now, I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder… so I don’t expect for you to love my particular design but hopefully these tips will help you feel more confident to create large scaled art work for your home – in your favorite colors and in your particular style!!
How do I actually make large scale artwork?
I knew that I wanted to create art with a big pop of color, but still keep it fairly minimal overall. So with that in mind, I grabbed my paint brush and the most bold paint color I was going to use, a vibrant brick red and about 2/3 of the way down the canvas, painted a big swoosh.
Then, I used my biggest paint brush and loaded up a melon orange color and layered that color on the bottom side of my initial swoosh.
I wanted the bottom to by heavier feeling than the top, so I kept the brush strokes more light on the top. The bottom of my swoosh I filled in more with various colors. I added coral, cream, pinks and melon orange.
After the color portion of my art was dry, I decided to add some simple patterns to the bottom of the canvas with a small paint brush and black paint.
I liked the combination of color and black, against the white canvas. I think it perfectly met my expectations of minimal and color!
I love how the shades of red, pink, coral help tie in our saltillo tile, leather sofa and the various blush pink accents throughout the living room.
Want to shop this post?
- Grab a medium sized paint brush and the most bold paint color you are going to use (a vibrant brick red) and about 2/3 of the way down the canvas, paint a big organic swoosh.
- Then, using your biggest paint brush and loaded up a melon orange color. Layer that color on the bottom side of your initial swoosh.
- To keep the bottom of the art heavier feeling than the top, keep the brush strokes lighter on the top.
- Fill the bottom of your swoosh in more with various colors. I added coral, cream, pinks and melon orange.
- After the color portion of your is dry, you can add some simple patterns to the bottom of the canvas with a small paint brush and black paint.
MY Home –> Want to check out my each room in my home?
I have shared inspiration, tips and inexpensive ways to make your home YOU.
Want to shop this completed room?
Have you made any DIY art? I’m a big fan!
If you are looking for more Easy DIY Artwork, you might want to check out these simple tutorials I put together for other paintings.