I am participating in a Pinterest Challenge with eight other amazing bloggers. Today I am sharing my fourth project with you, a Mason Jar wall.
(we really are on week 5, but I was out of town and am catching up now)
1. I found a beautiful piece wood at Home Depot and decided to give it a light white wash. I wanted to see some of the grain shine through. I mixed one part white acrylic paint and one part water.
2. True to me, I added gold to the edges using a Gold Sharpie.
3. This is where most online tutorials don’t really give much detail. To attach your wire ring to the board, you have to use a serious drill bit to cut through the metal. My hubs was shocked I even knew where to find the drill bits. However, lets just say I’m glad he was at work while I did this portion.
4. I predrilled holes after measuring where each mason jar would go. Then, using a short screw attach the metal rings to your board.
5. Attach all the metal rings.
6. Add the mason jars.
7 + 8. Add embellishments (mine were Oh Joy’s Target party paper flowers. I used them on my Newspaper Chalkboard wall) and enjoy!
I’m really excited to hang this in our office + guest room. I’ll be sharing soon the updates I’m giving to that room.
If you’d like to take a peek at my other projects in this series, see below.