INSIDE : Check out this collection of the Best Halloween Fireplace Decoration Ideas! Plus, learn all the different types of decor you can use on your fireplace to create a spooky mood in your home.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Last year, I really got into decorating our home for the fall season. I typically setup some pumpkins outdoors and let me kids hang a few bats and spider webs at the front door. However, last year I put up dried grasses, pumpkins, greenery and so many fun bats on our fireplace! It was such fun. You can check out my Fall Boho Bat Fireplace Display here.
I had a lot of questions in regards to that setup, so I thought today would be a good time to dive a little deeper on how to decorate your fireplace mantel for Halloween and then share a few other amazing ideas I’ve found from friends on the internet!
Let’s get into it below.
How to Decorate Your Fireplace Mantel for Halloween
Your fireplace mantel is typically a great place to add a little spooky decor to you home, as it’s normally a focal point in your living room and can really set the tone for the rest of your decor.
Here are a few ideas for Halloween fireplace decorations:
- Pumpkins – Pumpkins are a classic Halloween decoration. They can be setup and displayed in so many different ways on a fireplace mantel. You can carve or decorate them into jack-o’-lanterns (18 Unique No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas), place them whole on the mantel, or use them to create a garland. And if you don’t have a fireplace mantel, you can always set them out on the hearth or nearby your fireplace.
- Spiderwebs – Spiderwebs are another spooky and festive Halloween decoration. You can buy them pre-made or make just your own. Hang them from the mantel, drape them over the fireplace, or even create a web-like scene with other Halloween decorations. (Stretch Cobwebs, Premade Rope Spider Webs)
- Bats – Bats are a popular Halloween symbol and they can add that perfect touch of creepiness to your fireplace mantel. You can buy plastic bats or make your own out of felt or paper. Hang them from the mantel, perch them on top of pumpkins or plants.
- Skeletons – Skeletons are Halloween staples. I made a Gold Plant Lady skeleton a few years ago and she sat on our fireplace heath. I also made a French Bull Dog skeleton one year!
- Candles – Candles are a great way to add atmosphere to your Halloween fireplace mantel in the evening. You can use remote candles with battery flickering flames if you are concerned about real flames.
- Witches – Witches are another classic Halloween character and they can be used to decorate your fireplace mantel in a variety of ways. You can buy witch figurines, but my favorite way to see witches displayed is hanging witch hats! Something about it, I just love.
- Fall leaves and Grasses – Fall leaves and dried grasses are a beautiful and natural way to decorate your fireplace mantel for Halloween. You can scatter them on the mantel, arrange them in a vase, or even create a leaf garland. I have a post all about where to buy the best Pampas Grass online, too.
- Vintage Halloween Artwork – Displaying Vintage Halloween art is such a fun way to embrace the Halloween season in a more classy way. I especially love images of little black cats with hats. And a new trend I’ve been seeing is finding a thrifted piece of art and painting in a ghost or headless horseman into the scene. Such a fun twist!
- Black cats – Black cats are often associated with Halloween and they can add a touch of spooky to your fireplace mantel. You can buy a black cat figurine, place a black cat toy on the mantel or even cut a black cat out of paper.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The possibilities are endless! When decorating your fireplace mantel for Halloween, pick a theme and stick to it. This will help you create a cohesive and stylish look.
You can also use different textures and materials to add interest and don’t be afraid to go bold with your colors if that’s your style.
No matter how you decorate your fireplace mantel for Halloween, make sure it reflects your personal style and creates a festive and inviting atmosphere.
Tips for decorating your fireplace mantel for Fall
- Start by clearing the mantel of any unnecessary clutter.
- Use easy to remove items like sticky tack or command hooks.
- Choose a theme and stick to it. This will help you create a cohesive and stylish look.
- Use different textures and materials to add interest. For example, you could combine pumpkins with faux fur, spiderwebs with lace, or candles with dried leaves.
- Don’t be afraid to go bold with your colors. Halloween is the perfect time to break out the bright orange, black, and purple.
- Add some personal touches. This could mean using photos of your family or friends, displaying your favorite Halloween collectibles, or even writing a spooky poem or story on the mantel.
With a little creativity and effort, you can easily transform your fireplace mantel into a spooky and festive Halloween display. So get started today and get into the Halloween spirit!