Tree Stump Chalkboard

45.5K Flares 45.5K Flares ×
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, you’ll help support Delineate Your Dwelling, and you’ll receive some amazing products that I love, too!*
If you’ve been following for the last few weeks, you know that I am in the middle of a guest room + office update (final reveal shared at Guest Room + Office Makeover Reveal).  I started off here, sharing after a few trips to Goodwill and a rearrangement of ALL the stuff we had jammed in there.  Next, I shared a small project that is going in the updated space.  I made a simple Pom Pom  throw blanket.  And today I am sharing my Tree Stump Chalkboard!
Tree Stump Chalkboard, Delineate Your Dwelling #chalkboard #MarthaStewartpaint #treestrump
Supplies:
*Tree Stump (i called it a tree ring in the graphic below — I got mine at Michaels)
brushes
Using the chalkboard paint, I selected a tree ring and used it as my paint border with two or three coats.  I went in roughly 1-2″ from the edge of the stump.  I also gave the raw wood edge a very light white wash.
After the paint had dried, I got out my gold foil paint pen and went to town.  I painted the bark tops.  I attempted to use it the paint pen on the side bark portion, but no go.
I found an easy fix.  I turned the tree stump over (so as to not paint the chalkboard portion) and spray painted the edge with gold.
Then it was a simple as hammering in a few picture hanging items (what are those even called?  I have no clue.)

I love the gold edge!
I love the natural material used as a mint chalkboard!
I love Martha Stewart for creating such lovely chalkboard colors!

Have you all used Martha’s fun chalkboard colors?  Did you use them on anything fun and crazy like a tree stump?

Comments

1. says

2. says

I have been making some tree stump art myself but, I love how you used this minty green and the gold accents. Lovely! Thanks for sharing your DIY at the party. Theresa @DearCreatives

3. says

How did I know this was going to be you when I saw it on the link up?! I’m pretty sure I visit your site every other day because your tiny icons in the link ups are so eye catching and I always love seeing what you’ve created! This is no exception! I’m loving the girly mint and gold mixed with the rustic wood texture!

4. says

This is awesome Amy – one of these would be great on my outdoor bar! I love the fresh take from the traditional black chalkboard paint – so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration :)
    Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

5. says

What a great and unique idea! I had no idea you could buy tree stumps from Michaels, lol! They would be neat chargers too, with the names of your guest written on them in chalk paint or even a cute little poem for a kids birthday…the possibilities are endless aren’t they! Thanks for the inspiration :)

6. says

Hi! Dropping by from Put a bird on it! I just love it! I actually have a tree stump, but still plain. I’m going to borrow the idea! Thanks!

7. says

I absolutely LOVE this. I saw it on your instagram, and liked it right away. The mint with the gold is amazing, and the fact that it is a chalkboard makes it even better.

So many thumbs up!!