INSIDE : Learn how to make an Apple Mason Jar Teacher Appreciation Gift for the beginning of the school year or as a thank you at the end of the year! They are perfect for filling with tasty treats or even a gift card.
School is almost out for summer! My daughter’s preschool year ends this Thursday and I’ve been on the lookout for the perfect gift for her teachers. I am so appreciative for their hard work throughout the year in helping teach and grow my girl!
When I saw my friend, Alexis from Persia Lou’s Apple Gift Boxes with Printable, I knew it was the perfect idea. Today, I am sharing my spin on her printable with my Teacher Appreciation Gift : Apple Mason Jar.
I’m so thrilled with how these turned out and can’t wait to take them to school on Thursday for our teachers.
What supplies do I need for a Teacher Appreciation Apple Mason Jar gift?
LOOKING FOR OTHER FUN APPLE RELATED PROJECTS? CHECK THESE OUT :
How to make an Apple Mason Jar gift?
Next, make sure to print out these ADORABLE apple leaf labels from my girl, Alexis. After my leaf was cut out, I traced and cut out some green polka dot scrap paper for additional leaves.
Using scotch tape, I layered the two leaves together and had my daughter write out a note to her teachers.
Next, I twirled a gold pipe cleaner around a pencil and cut it down to size.
Using the tape again, I attached the leaf note and the gold pipe cleaner to my green paper straw. Finally, cut the straw at the top of the leaf and insert into your candy filled mason jar.
I forgot to mention, I distressed the jars after they had dried with some sand paper – I love the look that gave them.
If you like these painted mason jars, you might like the other painted mason jars I made last year for my garden party.
- Start by painting your mason jar in a bright cheerful red acrylic paint. It took about three coats to get even coverage.
- Next, make sure to print and cut out the ADORABLE apple leaf labels from Persia Lou.
- Then, trace and cut out some green polka dot scrap paper for additional leaves.
- Using scotch tape, layer the two leaves together and write out a note to your teacher.
- Next, twirl a gold pipe cleaner around a pencil and cut it down to size.
- Using the tape again, attach the leaf note and the gold pipe cleaner to your green paper straw.
- Finally, cut the straw at the top of the leaf and insert into your candy filled mason jar.
For a fun distressed look, lightly rub sand paper over the jars once they've dried.