INSIDE : What better gift than the gift a living thing! Learn how to wrap and gift plants to friends and family. Also download simple leaf printable plant tags to include with your plant present.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
I used to think boyfriends would really KNOW me if they gave me plants instead of flowers – ha! Well, fast forward 20 years and I still feel like houseplants are amazing gifts to give people.
Today I am sharing three different ways to wrap and give common indoor houseplants. I also made fun little leaf downloadable and printable plant tags to include with your plants.
If you are ready to learn all about various types of indoor houseplants, their specific care, their watering needs and the perfect light requirements for them – then you have come to the right place!
Check out my new Happy Houseplants eBook now and get ALL the scoop!!! It’s perfect for a plant gift – first time plant owners and the seasoned planter owner looking to dig in deep with their plants.
My Happy Houseplants ebook talks about how to not kill all the plants and includes:
– A helpful checklist for the 6 steps to keep your plants alive + thriving.
– A deep dive on 7 trending “it” plants (like your finicky Fiddle Leaf Fig!)
-5 plant printables to hang in your home.
Buy it below.
I have the plant tags available in both black/white and also you can get them in green. Keep reading for downloading instructions.
What supplies do I need to wrap and gift plants?
There are numerous ways you can wrap plants to give as a present. I talk in more depth about three of the ways below (wrap with fabric, wrap with paper and wrap with leaves).
How to wrap a plant with fabric:
The supplies you need to wrap a little baby kale plant with fabric are fairly simple.
You will need:
A kale plant
A piece of fabric (I used a thin dishtowel)
A piece of yarn
- To wrap your kale plant, start by placing it in the center of your spread out fabric.
- Next, starting folding your fabric up at both the top and bottom and then fold the two ends to look like as if you were folding a present.
- Tuck those folded ends under your plant to create a square shape with the fabric.
4. Lastly, pretend that your kale container is the bottom portion of a gift and fold your fabric as if it was paper. Using your hot glue gun, add just a dab of hot glue to secure and hold the fabric in place!
5. Wrap a section of yarn around your planter a few times and tie in a sweet little bow.
How to wrap a plant with paper:
The supplies needed to wrap a miniature palm plant with paper are simple but mighty.
- Start by cutting your paper into a square shape. You can achieve this by making a triangle and cutting down any excess paper.
- Next, hot glue two opposite corners to your pot.
- Hot glue the other two opposing corners to your pot.
4. Treat your plant pot and paper like a gift wrapped present and fold and secure with a dab of hot glue to hold.
How to wrap a succulent with faux leaves:
The supplies needed to wrap a succulent plant with leaves are fun ones!
- Begin by deciding the best placement for your faux Monstera Leaf.
- Add hot glue to your leaf and then place the glass vase over top. Gentle roll the glass vase back and forth to help making the leaf lay flat against the vase.
- Continue to add hot glue to your Monstera leaf and roll the vase onto it.
4. Once your leaf has been secured around the entire glass vase, trim off any excess leaf along the bottom of the vase. I left about a half inch of leaf to fold over. Add little bits of hot glue and slowly fold the extra leaf under for a clean flat bottom.
How to make paper Plant Gift Tags:
The perfect touch for your plant gift is including a little leaf plant gift tag!
- Start by downloading my Plant Tags file (see below to download file) and print them either at home or at your local print shop.
- Using scissors, cut out the leaf shape.
- Add a small dab of hot glue to the back of your leaf tag and place a small wooden skewer in the glue. This is how you will stick your tag into the soil and plant.
Okay are you ready to download your print now?
IT’S DOWNLOAD TIME:
Sign up for the DYD Insider newsletter to receive access to my ENTIRE DYD Printable Library along with these Plant Gift Tag prints!!!
Already a DYD Newsletter Insider? Click on over here to access the printables library using the password found at the bottom of any email I’ve sent you.
And be sure to tag me on Instagram if you give these plant gift tags! I’d love to share them on my IG Stories!