INSIDE : Learn how to trim your holiday tree with brightly colored Modern DIY Felt Ornaments. You can mix and match the colors for a Modern Christmas tree.
I’m renaming this week the unofficial DIY Felt Week! I have three really fun felt projects to share and they all are so quick, you can make them in under an hour.
Today I’m staring off the week with brightly colored DIY Felt Ornaments… and now I want to make a million of them!! And if you are loving this felt ornament, check out how you can create them into a DIY Felt Garland to hang on your mantel.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.
What supplies do I need to make DIY Felt Ornaments?
Shades of Green Felt (I bought a green palette : Mint, Emerald Green, Lemon Grass, etc)
Shades of Melon Felt (I bought a peach palette : Peach, Coral, Pink, etc)
Green Ruler (similar)
Hot Glue Gun
Neon Pink Yarn (not shown)
How do I make Christmas Felt Ornaments?
Next, fold your felt square into a triangle and then fold it once more.
Cut three straight lines in your felt, starting at the bended side of the triangle. Do not cut all the way to the end.
Unfold your felt and lay out on a table. Grab the center corner pieces and using your hot glue gun, adhere the center corner edges together.
Turn your felt over so the loop you just glued is now facing down. Now, grab the second set of corner pieces and glue the corner edges together. Turn the felt over again and repeat this process until all the corners are glued together.
For the green set, I followed the exact same steps but stacked the emerald and mint greens on each other. This creates the dual color look.
Once the felt ornaments were completed, I added a simple neon pink loop to hang.
And then also the pink ornament recieved a lovely pink tassel.
- Measure and cut out a 5″x5″ square with your sewing scissors. Having sharp scissors is key to having a clean straight cut.
- Fold your felt square into a triangle and then fold it once more.
- Cut three straight lines in your felt, starting at the bent side of the triangle. Be sure not to cut all the way to the end.
- Unfold your felt and lay it flat on a table. Grab the center corner pieces and using your hot glue gun, adhere the center corner edges together.
- Next, turn your felt over so the loop you just glued is now facing down. Grab the second set of corner pieces and glue the corner edges together.
- Turn the felt over again and repeat this process until all the corners are glued together.
- Once the felt ornaments are completed, you can add a yarn loop to hang and additional embellishments like tassels or pom poms.
-To create a dual color look, stack different colors on each other.
I’m not kidding when I say that I may make a LOT more of these… they take no time at all and I love how they spin and create shapes when on the tree!
I did make more and put them on a DIY garland!
Check out a few of my other FELT holiday crafts:
DIY Felt Tree Wall Hanging
To see my other felt projects in this series head here…