INSIDE : Learn how to bake a delicious carrot cake packed full of spicy flavor and fruit. And don’t forget the amazing cream cheese frosting!
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
Shared with permission from Farmhouse Weekends by Melissa Bahen : published by Gibbs Smith 2021.
I am so excited to share another amazing book by my talented friend, Melissa from Lulu the Baker. I shared her other book Scandinavian Gatherings a few years ago and you all LOVED it. Today, I’m sharing a recipe from her newest book Farmhouse Weekends : Menus for Relaxing Country Meals all Year Long!
I had the enormous honor of doing a few recipe testings while she was still working on this book, so I can attest to these recipes being amazing. I made her Smoky White Bean Chili with Chicken and her Maple Spice Cake with Grandma Phyllis’s Penuche Frosting – BOTH incredible.
Delicious Carrot Cake
Over Easter I made this tasty treat and we were all in love. I hadn’t baked a carrot cake before so this felt like a great introduction to one of my favorites.
- 4 eggs
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound (about 3 3/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan (or 6" round pans like me) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and stir until just combined. Add the carrots, pineapple and coconut and stir.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt beat until smooth. When the cake is completely cool, frost it, sprinkle it with chopped pecans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 6g
I know without a doubt you will love this cake! Be sure to pick up Melissa’s book Farmhouse Weekends and give it a try today.
Looking for other delicious food recipes? Check out some of these.