INSIDE : Create a colorful DIY Painted Flower Mug Vase to hold your next bouquet of flowers! A simple craft that makes your flowers stand out from the rest.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.
This post is updated from it’s original February 2018 publish date.
This Valentine’s day I am so excited to enjoy some fresh peachy coral yellow roses in a fun abstract DIY Flower Mug Vase that I have made!
There is nothing wrong with stepping outside of the box once in a while… and creating a fun painted mug to use as a flower vase is a great unique gift idea.
What supplies do I need to make a DIY Flower Mug Vase for Valentine’s Day?
How do I make a colorful Mug Vase for flowers?
To start this project, tape off the top and bottom of your mug with painter’s tape.
Using shades of orange, coral and pink start to create different sizes of dashes and dots.
I continued to add more paint to fill out the mug.
Next, I used thin painter’s tape to create a pattern along the mug’s handle.
After removing the tape, a colorful DIY Mug Vase was left!
I adore using monochrome colors in my floral arrangements. For this arrangement, I used a rosey peach colored rose, along some simple eucalyptus pieces.
I love that the colors of the mug vase tie into the colors of the roses. And there is nothing more lovely than the smell of fresh flowers in your home!
- Start by taping off the top and bottom of your mug with painter’s tape.
- Then, using shades of orange, coral and pink start to paint different sizes of colorful dashes and dots.
- Add more designs to fill out the mug.
- Next, using the thin painter’s tape, create a dashed pattern along the mug’s handle.
- After removing the tape, you have a colorful DIY Mug Vase to enjoy.
To see other lovely Valentine related DIYs, check these out.