INSIDE : Check out some of the best paper calendars and planners to keep you organized for the upcoming 2024 year and looking good while doing it!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure.
This post has been updated from it’s original publish date for all up-to-date products.
Oh my heavens, do I love planners. I would say the effort I put into finding a great planner surpasses my effort in finding a good wall calendar… which if you recall is fairly high on my life importance list, ha. So now that we’ve got THAT out of the way, we can move onto All of my favorite Planners for the upcoming year.
Call me old fashion, but there is something wonderful about putting pencil to paper. I use various digital calendars to keep my family’s schedules on track. And I share what feels like a million Google Calendars with my husband.
But when it comes to blogging and those types of daily tasks I need to keep on top of, I always use a paper planner. Today I am sharing some of my favorite ones.
2024 Paper Schedulers
I tried with all my heart to use a new planner last year and by mid February decided to repurchase my very favorite, VERY SIMPLE planner again. I can’t stop with this one. I’ve used it for YEARS now. I just love it’s simple monthly format.
What kind of planner are you going to get? Honestly, I’d love to know so share below with me!
Simple Brown Kraft Paper Planners
There is something wonderful about the feel and look of brown paper planners. I just love them.
Spiral Bound Planners
If you are a flip back and forth on dates and/or months type of planner person, having sprial binding is key!
Fun Graphic Covers
I mean, who doesn’t love a fun graphic cover! These are so lovely and sure to inspire every time you look at them.
Happy 2024, friends!
How to best use a planner
Using a planner can be a game changer for staying organized, getting things done in a timely manner and achieving your goals. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started in setting yourself up for success with a planner!
Choose the right planner
- Physical vs. digital: Consider your lifestyle and preferences. Physical planners offer a tactile experience and can help with focus, while digital planners are portable and often have helpful features like reminders and syncing across devices.
- Layout: Weekly, monthly, or daily layouts each have their pros and cons. Choose one that best suits your planning style and needs.
Set up your planner:
- Personalize it: Decorate your planner with stickers, washi tape, or anything that sparks joy and motivates you to use it.
- Important dates: Fill in birthdays, holidays, deadlines, and other fixed events.
- Monthly goals: Briefly note down your goals for each month to keep them top of mind.
- Schedule appointments and tasks: Block out time for work, meetings, errands, exercise, and personal time. Be realistic about how much you can accomplish in a day.
- Prioritize tasks: Use stars, colors, or symbols to mark urgent or important tasks.
- Break down large tasks: Divide big projects into smaller, actionable steps to make them less overwhelming.
Tracking and reflection
- Check-in regularly: Review your planner throughout the day to stay on track and adjust your schedule as needed.
- Mark completed tasks: Checking off tasks gives a sense of accomplishment and motivates you to keep going.
- Reflect weekly/monthly: Take some time at the end of each week or month to evaluate your progress and adjust your goals or planning methods.
Here are some additional tips for using a planner effectively:
- Keep it with you: Your planner should be easily accessible, whether in your bag, purse, or on your desk.
- Set reminders: Use alarms or notifications to remind yourself to check your planner and tackle important tasks.
- Be flexible: Unexpected things happen, so don’t be afraid to adjust your schedule as needed.
- Make it fun: Experiment with different layouts, colors, and decorations to keep your planner inspiring.
Remember, the best way to use a planner is the way that works for you. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find a system that helps you stay organized and productive.