INSIDE : Enjoy the best meal you’ll eat all winter, Lasagna Soup! It has all the flavor of the more traditional layered pasta dish, but is a cozy and warm soup. It will be your favorite in no time at all.
I love cooking delicious meals for my family. There is something about pouring a glass of wine and making a lovely meal. Making lasagna soup is one of my favorite meals to make. I love slowly adding ingredients to my pot and smelling the food get better and better.
Today I am sharing of our favorite winter meals to my food posts. I am excited to share with you all one of our all time favorite soups. Lasagna Soup, the best meal you’ll eat all winter!
NOTE : My food photography wasn’t the greatest back in 2014, but believe me when I say it tastes better than this picture looks!
If you know me and have had a baby, then I’ve probably made you lasagna soup. If you have come over for dinner once the weather starts to cool, then I have probably made you lasagna soup. If you like lasagna at all, then this is a soup you must try!
Delicious Winter Soup
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- Italian Sausage
- 3 C. Chopped Onion
- 4 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 2 t. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 t. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 T. Tomato Paste
- 1 - 28 oz. Can of Diced Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 C. Chicken Stock
- Cut Basil Leaves
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Noodles of your choice
- 8 oz. Ricotta
- 1/2 C. Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 t. Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Add Olive Oil and sausage over medium heat to a large pot. Break up sausage and brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and cook until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano and the red pepper flakes. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir well to combine all ingredients. Cook for 4 minutes. The tomato paste will turn a delicious rusty brown color.
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaves and the chicken stock. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- While your soup is simmering, start making your cheese mixture. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Start a pot of noodles to go along with your meal.
- TO SERVE : Place a spoonful or two of your cheese mixture into the bottom of a soup bowl. Next sprinkle some mozzerella on top, followed by some noodles. Then add in soup. Top with parmesan and basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! What’s your favorite winter meal?